- Set scene for linear workflow
- Basic setup of render globals
- Create render layers (background, shadow, reflection, object) for compositing
- Can create sun light as additional light
This V-Ray for Maya script helps you with setting your scene up for rendering your object with the help of an hdri.
It creates a dome light and configures the render globals and makes all necessary connections and when enabling the sun light you have also the possibility to specify the shadow softness.
You can also let it create render layers that split the scene up into a background, shadow and an object layer for later compositing.
In the script field you can specify commands that will be executed after setting up the scene to automatically set default settings. For example: setAttr “vraySettings.sys_regsgen_xc” 32;
This sets the render region devision to 32 pixel.
- Close Maya.
- Copy "hdri_loader_icon.png" to your Maya icons directory.
Example: C:/Documents and Settings/[username]/My Documents/maya2012/prefs/icons
- Copy "hdriloader.mel" to your Maya scripts directory.
Example: C:/Documents and Settings/[username]/My Documents/maya2012/prefs/scriptsTo run HDRI Loader, execute following command in Script Editor:
- Now you can use the menu to add a button to the shelf.